Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Deivi Cruz trade

Deivi Cruz was traded, as was Jason Christiansen. I don't know to who, or to where, but I do know Brian Sabean got minor league pitching in return.

I'd search a little harder, but I'm too lazy -- plus I know one of my fellow bloggers will be all over it by tomorrow morning, if not tonight.

I'll just sit back and do an analysis after I find out the names involved...of course, getting anything for Christiansen has to be viewed as positive.

EDIT: Okay, I lied, I'm not too lazy to look for it. Here's the scoop.

I wish Sabean had gotten a starter out of it, but perhaps he couldn't swing it. Two of the three pitchers acquired are 21 and 23, respectively, which is good. The other guy is 27, and is probably going to be some depth for the bullpen next season.

No comments: