Tuesday, August 09, 2005

VICTORY! Well, kinda...

(Thanks to Doug of Westwood Blues for turning me onto this wonderful bit of news)

Well, well, well...

When he first arrived, Alex Sanchez might as well have been pronounced D.O.A. (dead on arrival) for all the help he provided to the San Francisco Giants.

Now, he's been DFA'd (designated for assignment). Ha! I kill me.

Ahem.

This means, technically, that the "The Count-Up of How Many Days Late Brian Sabean is in Letting That Useless Hunk of Protoplasm Alex Sanchez Go" Campaign is a success, finally grinding to a halt after 45 days of misery.

So, does that mean I'll go ahead and take down the count-up on that thar sidebar?

No.

All this does is irritate me, really. DFA'd? How about OR'd (outright released)?

No, it doesn't mean I'll be taking down the count-up, it means I'll be altering it. Ladies and gentlemen (I use the term loosely), get ready for the new campaign:

The "Count-Up of How Many Days Late Brian Sabean is in Getting That Useless Hunk of Protoplasm Alex Sanchez Out of the Organization" Campaign!

The count will begin at 45, and will not stop until that light-hitting, non-walking, non-power-having, non-catching, useless-speed-having poor excuse for an outfielder no longer draws a paycheck from the San Francisco Giants organization.

Let the Revolution Begin!

No comments: