Sunday, February 26, 2006

Wish me luck...

Got tickets to the Korn concert tonight in San Jose. Dunno if it's the best situation -- the other two bands playing are guys I've never heard of in Mudvein and 10 Years, but one can hope they aren't too bad (I hear Mudvein is pretty heavy, though).

This'll be back to back nights watching bands, as I and a few of my cohorts, Lucky Luis, Dave, and Craig were in Livermore watching Lavish Green rock out. Tried to mosh a little last night, but figured I had to conserve some energy for tonight.

Should I even be moshing at my age? I keep making this joke that upon trying to get into the moshpit, security's going to check my ID at the edge and say, "Aren't you a little old to be in the moshpit, sir? You might get hurt in there at your age."

It's kind of like Chris Rock said in Bigger and Blacker:

(paraphrasing) You don't wanna be the old guy at the club. You know who I'm talking about. He really ain't old, just a little too old to be in the club.

Ah, screw it. You only live once.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why are the Gnat fans riding the Roid Train this season?? Don't they know its a joke?

Anonymous said...

It must be time to require membership.

Anyhoo, I expected there to be a crack at the end about your being too old for the club and instead joining the Giants OF where you would be laughably underage. But, being the big man you are, you didn't go there.

Me small man.

BB

Anonymous said...

Hey, don't people usually get a Reality Show after they retire?? Or has Bonds already retired and he is just playing out his contract..and making a joke of the Giants season? Would Jerry Rice be "Dancing with the Stars" during the NFL season?

Daniel said...

To all those who read this blog, please, when making a comment, try to respond to the entry I've put up -- I make an entry about Korn, and get two comments about Bonds (which sound like they're from the same person).

Let's stay on subject. You can, of course, always send me an e-mail if you'd like to comment on something off-topic.